Friday, November 12, 2010

About Yo MamaSita

For people who are lazy to read the About Me section -

A lot happened before Yo MamaSita (MICA's biggest branding firm - unofficially ofcourse) was given a legendary status. The following story will give a clear picture of the MAN behind Yo MamaSita.

A true fake software engineer who managed to survive a year in a software firm only to be told by his managers that you should try your hand at advertising because you are good for nothing. So that really motivated me to do my MBA in Account Planning from MICA (Yes, you need a degree to do advertising these days). 3 places where brand MICA really helped me were -
1) Create a Legendary company called 'Yo Mamasita' and be a part of 'PFC' group.
2) Getting my internship at O&M, Bangalore.
3) Getting my job as a Communication Consultant with the Government of Gujarat.

It all started with a simple 'YO'. Said yes to whatever opportunity came my way. That helped me make MCL what it is today. Since then there was no stopping for Yo Mamasita. Clients like GEC then came along and gave us the entire task of handling the entire communications for GEC.

Internship at O&M helped me learn a lot of things apart from advertising. Worked on Titan and Bingo there. My insights on Titan were directly shipped to Vietnam and till date Titan's entry into Vietnam is unmatchable.

The consultancy at Govt. of Gujarat is different as compared to O&M in terms of the rejection rate. Here, the rejection rate is almost 1.2%. So that really tells about the progress and growth the state is making. FYI pick up any newspaper in Gujarat and open any odd numbered page and you will see my work staring right into your eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment